Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Appreciate It!

There were times last winter when I drove through snow up to the axles on the tractor trying to get to the cattle to feed them. As the cattle and sheep rapidly depleted our stockpile of harvested hay I wondered if we'd ever see spring again. I longed to see green grass, grazed by fat, content cattle and sheep. Well, it's here. The rains have been timely, the weather warm and while we don't know what the rest of the summer has in store for us, today is grand!

I'm trying to get out our farm newsletter yet today, we're about ready to start planting soybeans, the cattle and sheep all need to be moved to fresh pastures, bills need to be paid, you name it. It would be easy to get stressed out. I'm going to resist the temptation to get worked up. Instead, I'm going to walk out into the pasture, watch the animals grazing and appreciate the day! Good advice for anybody, anywhere. Good grazing to you, Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment